Whether you attending a camp in Rye or White Plains, use this checklist to make sure you are prepared for a fun-filled week of basketball!
- Medications: MVP’s certified athletic trainer will collect any medications every Monday morning. When you drop off your camper, please come inside to drop off the medication and sign a consent form for the trainer to administer the medication if need be.
- Sunscreen: All age groups will be outside for a portion of the day at all our camp locations this summer, although no age group will be outside more than half the day and in some locations certain age groups will only be outside for short periods of time. It will be important for children to be protected when they are outside. Our trainer will have sunscreen on hand if necessary.
- Attire: Campers should attend the first day wearing shorts, sneakers, and a t-shirt. The first Monday of each weeks all camper will receive two MVP team t-shirts for wear the rest of the week.
- Water bottle: Campers should bring a water bottle with their name on it to minimize the need for cups. Campers will have access to water stations on the sidelines of game areas. You are welcome to send other drinks and/or snacks as well if you choose.
- Snacks: MVP provides lunch each day, but it is optional whether or not you’d like to send you camp with additional snacks.
- Lunch Program: The plan is for this program to be the same as in past years but it is subject to change as we get closer to camp:
- Monday: Plain pizza
- Tuesday: Pasta and sauce (no meat) – may vary by week
- Wednesday: McDonald’s burgers
- Thursday: Plain pizza
- Friday: Italian subs, choice of ham and cheese, turkey and cheese, turkey no cheese. Mayo and mustard on the side
- We’ll put out Dannon yogurt and bananas for those who want them.
- We have refrigerators for brown bag lunches if you prefer, but no microwave.
- Gatorade will be served with lunch
- What not to bring:There are no lockers and MVP cannot be responsible for anything brought by the camper. This includes cell phones and other electronic devices. Campers leave their bags all around the campus and we have had incidents of phones going missing, so we encourage you to consider letting our staff handle communications between you and your campers. You can call us anytime at (914) 946-1231.
We look forward to seeing you soon!