2017 is here, and the leadership and coaches at MVP couldn’t be happier. The renovations at our main facility are finished and we are anxious to reap the benefits. Here are the changes that will impact MVP’s award-winning basketball camp in this, our 23rd season:
- News about our White Plains weeks: Our main four weeks in White Plains will be hosted exclusively at Highlands Middle School from July 10-Aug. 4. (No secondary Delfino Park location this year)
- News about our Rye facility: Rye Resurrection will be the host site for our early June 26 full-week camp as well as the holiday week skills camp we started last summer. Only Boys 9 – 12 will be playing at this location during this June week, but parents can also use this site to access free busing for co-ed 6 – 8 year olds, girls 9 – 13, and boys 13 – 16, who will be playing at Highlands in White Plains.
- News about our Rye “Skills Academy:” This camp for motivated and experienced 11 – 16 year old boys and girls will take place July 5 – 7 during this holiday week. We will hold the line at 100 campers total to ensure plenty of practice time for all, and outdoor courts will be utilized as well as the air-conditioned gyms.
- News for northern Westchester families: There will be no Northern Westchester location this summer, but a FREE bus from the Boys and Girls Club of Northern Westchester in Mount Kisco can transport campers to our central Westchester locations during the June 26 – 30 week for boys 6 – 16 and girls 6 – 13. (No North Salem or Fox Lane locations this year)
- News for female campers: We still offer programs for girls of all abilities ages 6 – 16, but the choices vary by week. All five-day camps can accommodate girls ages 6 – 8 in our co-ed group. Only our first week, June 26 – 30, will feature a girls-only division for 9 – 13 year olds of all ability levels. Only our three-day Skills Academy will feature a girls-only division for experienced 11 – 16 year olds. During our final four weeks, July 10 – Aug. 4 in White Plains, experienced female players will be placed in the appropriate boys age group if they wish to be challenged in this way, but MVP will not offer a separate division just for older girls.